Personality Development and Communication Skill-II
BBA 112: Personality Development and
L-3, T-0, Credits: 03
1. To develop the project writing and presentation skills of the undergraduate students.
2. The students should be able to act with confidence, should be clear about their own personality, character and future goals.
Unit I lectures:-10
Project and report writing, and proposals – how to write an effective report, basics of project writing, paragraph writing, paper reading and voice modulation, basics of project presentation.
Unit II lectures:-10
How to make a presentation, the various presentation tools, along with guidelines of effective presentation, boredom factors in presentation and how to overcome them, interactive presentation & presentation as part of a job interview, art of effective listening.
Unit III lectures:-12
Resume writing skills, guidelines for a good resume, how to face an interview board, proper body posture, importance of gestures and steps to succeed in interviews. Practice mock interview in classrooms with presentations on self. Self introduction – highlighting positive and negative traits and dealing with people with face to face.
Unit IV lectures:-10
Leadership – quality of a leader, leadership quiz with case study, knowing your skills and abilities. Introduction to group discussion techniques with debate and extempore, increase your professionalism.
Audio Video recording and dialogue sessions on current topics, economy, education system, environment, politics.
1. Essentials of Business Communication by Rajendra Paul,Sultan Chand & Sons Publisher.
2. Business Communication by D.D.Sehgal,V.K.Mittal and N.C.Garg,Ramesh Book Depot.
3. Reuben, Ray; Communication today – understanding creating skills, Himalaya Publishing House, 2001.
1. E. H. McGraw, S. J.; Basic Managerial Skills for All. Fourth Edition, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
2. Stephen R. Covey; The seven habits of highly effective people.
3. Rogets Thesaurus